Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blue Boy

I didn't realize when I took this picture that everything in the background was blue, too. Geez, I must like the color. I just thought Vincent looked so cute in his little BumGenius diaper. Which brings me to the topic of cloth diapers...

I'm not sure if I've talked about my cloth diapering obsession in the past. I'd have to say that my husband is probably glad that obsession is IN THE PAST. Of course, I've replaced it with something else, and something else replaced that obsession. I did finally figure out a system that works for us. The BumGenius 2.0 "one size fits all" as they call it were our most expensive cloth diaper purchase. We only bought 3 to test them out. They're quite great, actually. But, very spendy, at about $17 a pop. They're actually good for overnight use, although we have found that they smell by morning time. We now use them for longer outings.

The next costly ones we chose were the Bumkins All-In-Ones. We only bought 6 of those, and mainly cuz they were on sale. I was testing those out, too. They're convenient because they're not as bulky & as easy to put on as a disposable. They're just not very absorbant. Those are used when I know I'll be changing him again pretty soon, or for shorter outings.

Last, but not least, we bought 30 Indian pre-folds and have about 8 covers to go over those. Those are great! I highly recommend them for simplicity and affordability. In fact, if I were to do it all over again, I would just buy those.

For nighttime, we decided to use 7th Generation chlorine free diapers.

So, there you have it. Diaper crazy lady uses FOUR types of diapers on her ONE child. Let's not mention the swim diaper for the pool! But, as you can see, this is a happy booty baby.

No comments: