Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good-bye Columbia City Farmers' Market, See You Next Year

Today was the last day of the Columbia City Farmers' Market. Since this was our favorite of all the markets this year, and it was such a gorgeous day out, Vincent and I couldn't miss it.

It took us a while to get out of the house, but once we got there, it was worth it. I didn't even really know what I wanted to buy.

I left there with $30 worth of salmon, one soft pretzel for Vincent & I to consume before getting home, a dozen eggs, 3 apples, 2 sweet peppers, 2 tiny heads of garlic, 3 shallots, 2 heads of beautiful lettuce, 2 European pastries, and a big, beautfiul $5 bouquet of dahlias (which ended up matching Vincent's shirt). Whew!

We skipped our usual romp in the grass, as we were cutting it close to dinnertime. But, the best part of it all was when we got home & I didn't have enough hands to hold everything, so Vincent helped. He carried the flowers from the car to the foot of our front steps with the biggest smile on his face.

Good-bye Columbia City Farmers' Market. It's been a great season. Your market was one of the highlights of our summer this year. I look forward to going back next year with Vincent and Baby Hunt #2.

No comments: