Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Momniac"

Just 2 weeks old
3 months old

Ever since I became a mom, I sometimes feel like I'm a total maniac. What about a "Momniac," or recently, I heard "Momzilla." I just made up the first one.

Last week, I took Vincent into his children's clinic because I thought he may have been spitting up too much. Wait, let me back myself up by saying that I did call the helpline nurse first, and she suggested I take him in. The nurse who saw him didn't think that he had anything wrong with him, except some mild reflux. Not enough to put him on medication. Okay, that was a relief, even though I did feel a bit crazy for taking him in.

Yesterday, I had to take Vincent in again. And, yes, I called the helpline first. This time, there was something wrong. He has some sort of infection in his finger. The corner of one of his nails had this tiny little pale greenish circle & the tip of that finger up to the first knuckle was red & puffy. The doctor prescribed him with an antibiotic to take 3 times a day, for 5 days. I'm glad that I took him in, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be calling the helpline every week for something I'm freaking out about. I thought I was past the freak out stage. Apparently not.

On to non-maniac things...Sunday night was moms' night out! Yay! David organized the night for Zoe, Jill & I to go out without the babies, while he and their husbands watched our boys. It was great! We had dinner at Brasa in Belltown, & enjoyed their 25 for $25 menu with a glass of wine each. Zoe & I both fed our boys before leaving & I had left David with a bottle of pumped breastmilk, just in case. Some of you may know that I'm not a fan of pumping, because it makes me a maniac, & Vincent isn't a fan of the bottle. But, that night, he was hungry, and I wasn't available, so he took the bottle from David. Dinner was very delicious. I have to say, Brasa has a pretty good 25 for $25 menu. David and I went there in November when they were running the promotion & really enjoyed it then as well. I had an octopus salad to start, while Zoe & Jill had falafel. For the main course, Zoe & I had black pepper paperdelle with mushrooms & Jill had a steak. We all had mini churros (they called them donuts) for dessert. Yum! My wine was a Soave, and that was okay. I'll have to remember that I wasn't too thrilled with it for next time.

Now, back to Vincent. Yesterday, we were expecting Julie to come over to spend some time with us in the morning. She is a friend, who will eventually watch Vincent for us on occassion, so that David and I may have a night out without baby in tow. Unfortunately, Julie wasn't feeling well, and it was good of her to stay home rather than get us sick. We hadn't planned on going to the Next Months class, but since it was early enough, I decided to take Vincent. Next Months is the follow up to the First Weeks class that we've been going to since he was 2 1/2 weeks old. It's a drop in class for parents. I opted to do that rather than join a PEPS group. I love it, and I think he enjoys it, too. Starting yesterday especially, I feel like he's gotten very interested in being there. He looked at the other parents & babies, and is was so distracted he could hardly eat. Twice I put him down on a blanket on the floor on his tummy with a few other babies & he really lifted his head high to watch them.

Last night, we met up with another family at All Purpose Pizza in Leschi for dinner. Their little boy is a week younger than Vincent. It was tasty.

Today, we are taking it easy. I was planning on going to the class today instead of yesterday, but we'll do something in the afternoon instead. It's sunny right now & Vincent is sleeping away in the Moby.

1 comment:

Diana said...

He's a bit a bad-ass in that second Boppy picture! What's really going on?!