My mom, Vincent's A-ma, was here this past week. She was here for 8 days! It was great to have her here. Unfortunately for her, she just missed the snow (again!). Like me, she did not grow up in snow, so she finds it to be a novelty. This has happened a couple of times now, where she'll be here, and soon after she leaves, it'll snow. Oh well. I'm just happy it's not heavy snow like a few weeks ago.
While here, we took Vincent to the Children's Museum. She got a good family picture of us outside at the Seattle Center.

She also had the chance to visit Vincent's preschool one day, and his Mandarin class on another day. We went to Miller Community Center twice as well. She said that she has not spent so much time with so many little people in so long. I think this has been the busiest visit for her since he was born. It was really nice to have her help getting up and down our steps outside with Vincent, diaper bag, groceries, and whatever else we had to lug up and down. And, she made dinner a few times, or we would tag-team the cooking on other nights. On top of all the help, Vincent's Mandarin improved quite a bit over the course of her stay.
And, one of the biggest things she did for us was let David and I go on an overnight date while she took care of Vincent. We just went downtown and stayed at the
Inn At The Market and had dinner at
Cafe Campagne. Our hotel room had the latest copy of Seattle Magazine, and there happened to be a page about good deals on eats at Pike Place Market, so we made sure we had a couple the next day as we wandered around the market. I had forgotten how much I truly love Pike Place Market (for the record, I did vote for the renovations).
Okay, so here's one more picture my mom took. She wanted to make sure that Vincent saw one day how pregnant I was, but still strong enough to hoist him up on my shoulders for a ride through the kitchen. And, since I haven't taken any belly pictures since I was about twenty-something weeks along, here's the latest look at the baby bump (33/34 weeks).
No comments:
Post a Comment