Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Sorry Baby"

This phrase both super cute and super sad at the same time. "Sorry Baby" has quickly become Vincent's favorite thing to say. He has been saying it for quite some time now, though just on occassion. But, yesterday afternoon, I had gotten upset with him about something, and I apologized for getting angry. I feel like I spent a good amount of time talking to him about how I had gotten angry, and that I was sorry for raising my voice, etc. Today, I think he must've said "sorry baby" at least 20 times. He said sorry to Buster for something this morning, only it was specifically, "Sorry Busta," he said "Sorry Baby" to me when we got home from My Coffee House this afternoon because he screamed at me the whole ride home (he didn't want to leave the train table there), and then he said "Sorry Baby" to David during his bath when he made a fuss about getting his hair washed. Among several other random times, that I can't remember for what reasons. It is so cute to hear, but it I have mixed feelings about this, that I just can't quite explain.

Some other cute things coming out of his mouth these days:
-"No" in Mandarin, which is much cuter and easier to put up with than when it's said in English
-"Milk Honey", or "Honey" after anything he is wanting..."water Honey..."
-counting to 10 in English and Mandarin, and almost to 20 in English
-SINGING! He can carry a tune, and has some of the words to the songs; Twinkle, Twinkle in English and Mandarin, Old McDonald, Wheels on the Bus (his favorite), and a more than a handful of others in English, Mandarin, and a couple in Spanish (um, he doesn't know all three versions in all the songs; just one or the other). And, he has made up some words to tunes, too.
-The way he says, "Daddy" or "Mommy" when we go to his room in the morning when he wakes up, like he's so happy to see you.
-"too tight"
-"naked"
-Mommy or Daddy "pee pee"
-"roasty toasty"

Gosh, there's just so much coming out of this kid's mouth now. He's a talking machine. Most of it only David and I can understand. Ooh, a new one today was when I told him we were going to the ProClub gym this morning, and he said in Mandarin, "Mama exercise." Ahhhhh....

No comments: