Yesterday, it was at our class at the community college. Today, at the community center. I will say, in his defense, it has happened because another child is trying to take away something he really wants to play with & he was actually there first. Well, it all depends on how you look at it. This morning, at the community center, the little girl was at the play kitchen first. Vincent joined her and started to play with the blender that she wasn't playing with. Soon as she saw him put his hand on it, she tried to grab it. He got defensive and pushed her hand away, etc. Then, there was the little slide incident. I didn't get to see the whole thing, but I think Vincent started it. I'm not sure who got to the slide first, but I did see Vincent smack the kid next to him several times before I could run across the gym and stop him. Poor kid was crying. And, finally, he was playing with his friend, Evan, and got aggressive with Evan, too. That was my cue to take him home. At least that's when the open gym playtime was about up, anyway. Sorry, Evan.
Why am I sharing all this negative stuff? Since this is my baby journal, I think it's important for me to keep track of these events, since my memories seems to fade day by day.
There are many positive memories as well. For example, I used to say to my friends that I will be rocking Vincent to sleep for his naps until he's 18 years old. About a month ago, it seemed harder and harder for me to get him to fall asleep in my arms during nap time. One day, out of frustration, I got up and just set him in his crib. I figured he would get up immediately and want to be picked back up. But, he just rolled over and laid there, so I walked out of the room. Not a peep. Now, when I go to put him down for his naps, we go through our usual routine, snuggle a bit while I sing, and he falls asleep in his bed. I still get the sweet cuddle time with him, but don't have to worry about the whole 18 years old thing.
Another fun thing Vincent's been doing is climbing into his highchair for meals. Today, for lunch, he climbed in there, and grabbed the bib in front of him & put the tray on as well. I had to go and adjust things for him, but he looked so proud of himself.
One thing David has been very happy to see with Vincent is during bathtime
. Sorry, you get a blurry image, but it's hard to get a good shot when he's swimmin' around in the tub! Vincent has gotten very good at taking directions during his baths. When David tells him to stand up so he can wash his different body parts, Vincent does it! He has also started doing this swimming thing in the tub that is so cute. And, with his hair so long these days, we can make fun hairstyles for him with a little help of shampoo.
. Sorry, you get a blurry image, but it's hard to get a good shot when he's swimmin' around in the tub! Vincent has gotten very good at taking directions during his baths. When David tells him to stand up so he can wash his different body parts, Vincent does it! He has also started doing this swimming thing in the tub that is so cute. And, with his hair so long these days, we can make fun hairstyles for him with a little help of shampoo.I don't have a ton of photos to share these days. I'll try to take more and post them soon.
**I just realized, this is the 100th posting of this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment