Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So Much To Share

I have so much to share!

Look at my little boy! He climbed up to this airplane play thing mostly on his own the other day, and his little feet can touch the "peddles" now! He seems to be growing up so fast.

This afternoon, Vincent and I had lunch with Sarah at a nearby Greek restaurant, Vios, with a play area for the kids. After he finished eating, Vincent went back to playing while Sarah and I sat and chatted. At one point, he sat down on the mini sofa with a little half plastic, half cloth baby doll (you've all seen these). Attached to the baby doll was a little pacifier. I sat, getting teary eyed, watching him play with this doll, and sort of talking to it, and trying to give it the pacifier. He was putting it in its mouth, and then he took the little baby doll hand and helped it suck its thumb. It was so sweet and loving. I felt comforted in thinking that maybe when baby #2 arrives, Vincent won't freak out as much as I have pictured in my head.


On the same day as the airplane, David and I tried to take Vincent in for a haircut. The place does walk-ins, but they didn't have a space available for another hour and a half...that's not a walk-in, if you ask me. I would have to book the appointment if I wanted the spot, so it's definitely NOT a walk-in. Anyway, I had to pee, as pregnant women seem to have to do ALL THE TIME. They had this nifty little seat in the restroom of the haircut place so that I could place my active toddler while I go. Lucky for me, I happen to have my camera!

Pictured below is a side view of what Vincent's hair is looking like these days. It's long, kind of bowl like in the front/top, and curly in the back. It's adorable, but he does need to have it cleaned up a bit. I'm obviously not in a hurry, as I didn't take that "walk-in" spot and haven't made any future appointments for him. Stay tuned...

Below, you can see Vincent's new toy. I got him a little razor scooter at a consignment store. It was the first thing he saw when we walked in the door, a pretty good price, and in good condition. I had a 15% off coupon for $30 or more, and this was under $30...looks like I'll need to buy him some books. My original thought was to go in that store and get him $30 worth of used books. That would've been a lot, which isn't a bad thing, but this is way more fun, and especially cool when you add the sunglasses. I just want to note that he asked to put those on (by his own accord) this morning while getting on the scooter. How did he know that he would look so cool? I think I've given birth to a natural hipster. I mean, just look at those doggie pajamas! It must've been all the hip music I listened to when I was pregnant.

Speaking of pregnant... Here's the most recent picture I have of my pregnancy...with a new haircut, too. This was about a week and a half ago, so I was around 23 weeks, I think. Much bigger than what I looked like at 23 weeks the first time around, for sure. I'm just chuggin' along here. I found out my friend, Nilu, just had her baby this morning...all natural, to a 9 pound, 10 ounce boy! I vowed to myself that this blog would be mostly about Vincent, so there's not much more to say about my pregnancy or about this other baby (that, and I don't know anything else about her baby boy). I will say that when Baby #2 - which we have nicknamed "Pat" - arrives, there will likely be a switch to a Hunt family blog of sorts. Sorry, "Pat," you won't be getting your own dedicated blog, but be comforted in knowing that Vincent no longer will either. We'll see how I feel. Maybe I'll be a multi-taskin' writin' machine. I do have that food blog, too! Is there a group for blog addicts?

No comments: